Friday, February 15, 2008

Dang it

Dang it - My delicious lunch will not be appearing here on our blog. Turns out Dad's camera thingy won't download into my computer or printer so the photos we snapped during lunch will have to come later. Today at lunch I was at my desk, Dad on the other side, Nellie underneath. Martina our Chinese chef/Wonder-Assistant made us some authentic Chinese peasant food: A bowl of rice with pieces of Chinese sausage steamed in it and a plate of "garnishes". Basically a plate full of yummy steamed bok choy drizzled with oyster sauce, lots root, shitake mushrooms and bean sticks sautéed together. I of course had to have a side of my favorite sriracha hot sauce for dipping, and a steaming cup of black tea. It was sooooooooo delicious. Martina came in and described how we should hold the bowls up to our mouths and just shovel it in - periodically adding more garnishes according to our whim. How lucky are we to have lunch made by Martina every day! Dad and I chatted about his recent trip to a composting conference in San Francisco and also about upcoming projects. What did you all do?

No comments: