Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mystery unveiled



It's a dear little journal made entirely of items one would ordinarily throw away, except maybe for the photographs.



Here's a view of the back as well ( recognize the daffodils next to the driveway ? Not much longer now until they're in bloom.)



And here is a bonus view inside - all recycled papers .The endpapers are some crazy kiddie art. The latter was a sort of emergency solution to a warping problem. I knew that gluing a photograph to one side of a piece of cardboard would cause warping , I didn't realize it would be quite so severe and needed a quick fix, so R's drawing pad had to come to the rescue.

The journal is amazingly functional and sturdy, even though it's just an experiment, and I can't wait to make another one, this time with a little more planning ahead of time. If you want one, raise your hand !

5 comments:

Emlyn Stancill Whitin said...

I do, I do!!!!! Will you teach me how to make one???? I LOVE it!!!!!!

Regina said...

I would love to teach you how to make one. Bring lots of junk, em, I mean, materials, and we will get creative!

megan said...

i love it - I want one too, especially with kiddie art!

Pigtown*Design said...

I had the same problem and I am using library glue to bind and to attach some weightier papers to the covers. I did find some heavy-weight photo paper, but it's got the mfg logo on the back.

Emily... it was actually the marshalls out on liberty road, just off of old court. if you need info, email me at mfairfaxf at juno dot com.

Regina said...

Thanks for the library glue tip, I'll have to try that with the next journal which is in the works.