Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MD S&W

Well, here it is - the haul from the Sheep & Wool festival :



Sock yarn




When I saw this funky Merino roving, I thought it would be a great sweater for a little girl. The fleece is very soft and if I spin it as a single, the colors should stay distinct and make a cool stripey sweater.
This is silk and merino, very soft and luxurious in feel. This is what I want to make out of it for myself.

The first pair of socks from the above stash , knit for Mr. RFD in record time. The colors are all somewhat strange, because we haven't had any sunshine at all since Saturday and have to make do with artificial light for taking pictures. And there's no end in sight - the forecast is rain, rain, rain for the next 6 or 7 days.

2 comments:

Acorn Dandelion and Rose said...

What a great haul!! I love the little girl yarn, that is going to turn out to be the prettiest self striping yarn. Will it be a sweater?

Regina said...

Yup, a sweater, very simple , I think, so that the yarn will be the major design element.